The Atlantic Golf Championship
The Atlantic Golf Championship is an annual event conducted by Golf Canada and the Atlantic Provinces. Each province sends a team of their top 20 players. Players who qualify to represent PEI are awarded team clothing, a travel subsidy and a weekend of comradery. Those who win their division are awarded an exemption to their respective division at the following years Golf Canada National Championship with travel assistance and a player package from Association.
- Men’s Amateur (3)
- Men’s Mid-Master (3)
- Men’s Senior (3)
- Men’s Super Senior (1)
- Women’s Amateur (3)
- Women’s Mid-Master (3)
- Women’s Senior (3)
- Women’s Super Senior (1)
*Please note that the Super Senior Division does not qualify for National Championship exemptions*
The National Golf Championship
The Prince Edward Island Golf Association has quota spots for the Golf Canada National Championships. The PEIGA does not provide any financial assistance to adult players who qualify for National Championships through this pathway. In years past Golf Canada provided full financial support to the PEIGA for players attending National Championships but this funding was eliminated several years ago.
- Canadian Men’s Amateur (3)
- Canadian Men’s Mid-Amateur (2)
- Canadian Men’s Mid-Master (1)
- Canadian Men’s Senior (3)
- Canadian Men’s Super Senior (1)
- Canadian Women’s Amateur (4)
- Canadian Women’s Mid-Amateur (3)
- Canadian Women’s Senior (3)
- Canadian Women’s Super Senior (1)
Criteria and steps to qualify for the Atlantic and National Championships:
|Age Categories||Age Eligibility|
|Amateur: All Ages|
|Mid-Amateur: 25-40||Age as of August 1 of calendar year|
|Mid-Master: Women 40-50 / Men 40-55||Age as of August 1 of calendar year|
|Senior: Women 50-60 / Men 55-65||Age as of August 1 of calendar year|
|Super Senior: Women 60+ / Men 65+||Age as of August 1 of calendar year|
- Points are awarded through the season by playing in PEI Amateur Tour Events.
- Andersons Creek Open | 1000 pts
- Countryview Open | 1000 pts
- Mill River Open | 1000 pts
- PEI Cooke Insurance Amateur Championship | 2000 pts
- Stanhope Open | 1000 pts
- Island Open | 1000 pts
- Qualification for the Atlantic/National team will begin with the first PEI Amateur Golf Tour Event event after the PEI Amateur, of the previous year, and ends with the PEI Amateur the year of the Atlantic/National Championship.
- For the 2021 Atlantic/National Team here are the qualifying events:
- 2020 Island Open
- 2021 Andersons Creek Open
- 2021 Countryview Open
- 2021 Mill River Open
- 2021 PEI Cooke Insurance Amateur
- The point allocation grid used to administer points will also be dependent on field size.
- Competitors playing in a different age division than their actual division, points earned will be allocated to both divisions when both divisions are playing from the same set of tees.
- Players must have a PEIGA/Golf Canada Card and be in good standing with the PEIGA and Golf Canada.
- Points will be awarded by using the Golf Canada Order of Merit system