Prince Edward Island Golf Association
2013 Provincial Golf Team Policy
In 2013 the following process will be used for the selection of players to represent the P.E.I.G.A. at National Championships.
* Players for the Men’s Amateur and Mid-Amateur Teams will be selected through the Player’s Series Program . The top 3 players in each category as of July 15th will be offered positions on the Amateur and Mid-Amateur Teams.
* Two of the players for the Mid-Amateur Team must be 40 years of age as of July 15th, 2013.
* Players for the Women’s Amateur , Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s Teams will be selected through the two rounds of the Provincial Amateur Championship scheduled for July 6th and 7th at the Countryview Golf Course . The three players with the lowest gross score in each of these three categories will be offered team positions provided that their 36 hole gross score at the Championship meets the following playing standard :
Senior Women 175
Senior Men 160
* Player eligibility criteria for each category will be as set out by Golf Canada.
* The P.E.I.G.A. will offer team positions to players based on their order of finish in their respective category. If a player does not accept an invitation the Association may go to the next player on the qualifying list however invitations will not extend beyond the following places:
Men’s Amateur Top 10 point earners
Mid - Amateur Top 8 point earners
Women’s Amateur 6th place finish in PEI Amateur
Men’s Senior 6th place finish in PEI Amateur
Women’s Senior 6th place finish in PEI Amateur
(Provided that they have met the playing standard)
* Each player that accepts an invitation to represent the P.E.I.G.A. at a National Championship, outside of the province, will be provided with a $500 travel subsidy. Any and all other costs to attend a National Championship are the responsibility of the player.
* Players not awarded a team position may apply to the P.E.I.G.A. within 7 days of the qualifying process for their category to use one of the Association’s additional quota spots for National Championships. These will be awarded on the basis of their finish within their category. Players requesting and given a quota position at a National Championship will not receive any travel subsidy.